$45.95 - $34.95
(as of Sep 22,2020 23:28:39 UTC – Details)
Office Chair Cylinder Replacement Kit with Everything You’ll Need
Do You Want to Repair Your Sinking Office Chair, but Don’t Have the Tools or Instructions to Do It?
The Office Oasis has come up with the best solution to fix your sinking chair.
When you purchase one of our chair cylinders, we’ll send you:
– The highest quality gas lift cylinder in the industry
– Our easy to use, chair cylinder removal tool
– Step-by-step instructions how to remove and install a chair cylinder
– Pair of gloves to help with the installation
Remove Your Old Cylinder Steps
1. Use the chair lift lever to raise your office chair or stool to the highest position.
(This releases the pressure inside the old cylinder)
Attach Shaft Collars
2. Gently lay the office chair on its side and gather the included tools that came with the cylinder.
3. Separate the two provided shaft collars and attach them to the old chair cylinder using the shorter screws and Allen wrench.
4. Tighten the screws so both shaft collars are hugging the cylinder, but make sure they can easily slide along the cylinder.
5. Slide both shaft collars as close as you can to the chair seat.
6. Tighten only shaft collar B so it clamps the cylinder very tightly and is not able to slide. (note: make sure the threaded holes in both shaft collars are not directly aligned)
Thread In Screws
7. Use the 2 longer provided screws to thread into shaft collar B (this one should be clamped tight against the cylinder).
8. Using the Allen wrench, tighten both screws evenly so they begin to press against the shaft collar A.
Remove Cylinder From Seat
9. As you continue to tighten these screws, shaft collar A will start to slide and the cylinder will pull away from the chair seat. Note: If the cylinder is still stuck in the chair seat, return to step 6 and repeat steps 6, 7, 8 and 9 again.
Remove Your Old Cylinder Steps (cont.)
Remove Chair Base
10. Use a rubber mallet (ideal) or hammer w/ wooden block to strike the bottom edge of the old cylinder until the base is separated from the cylinder. (Make sure to hold the chair base with your other hand so the whole chair doesn’t move) Note: Depending on the age/usage of the office chair, this step may require a lot of force.
What if the cylinder still doesn’t budge?
First try applying some WD40 or similar penetrating oil product to where the cylinder meets the chair base. Wait about 5 minutes, and repeat step 10.
If this method still doesn’t work, see steps 10A-10D.
10A. First, double check that the chair cylinder is fully extended by using the chair lift lever. Note: Only use steps 10A-D if you are unable to remove the chair base from step 10. This step can be somewhat messy, so be sure to lay an old towel down under the chair & cylinder.
10C. Using a standard flat blade screwdriver, take off the retaining clip on the bottom of the cylinder as illustrated in the figures on the left.
10D. Once the retaining clip is removed, you will be able to slide the chair base and cylinder shell away from the chair.
10E. Return to step 10 – The base will be easier to free from the cylinder shell now that it is disconnected from the chair.
Install The New Cylinder & Dimension/Compatibility Information
Install New Cylinder
11. Grab your new cylinder and remove the red cap that covers the button.
12. Set the chair base flat on the floor. Place the new cylinder in the 2” hole located in the chair base. Note: the new chair cylinder is the universal industry standard size, but if it does not fit your specific chair, please reach out to The Office Oasis team, and we’ll take care of you.
13. Place the chair seat onto the new cylinder by aligning the chair seat hole with the new cylinder. Sit on the chair and use the chair lift lever to test the cylinder.
★ EASY REMOVAL & INSTALLATION – The only chair cylinder replacement on Amazon to offer a cylinder removal tool. No more struggling and spending hours trying to remove your chairs old broken cylinder with tools you don’t have. We will also make sure to help guide you through the entire process from start to finish.
★ SAVE MONEY. REVIVE YOUR CHAIR – Fix your sinking office chair by replacing the cylinder instead of spending money on a brand new computer chair. We’ll send you the highest quality cylinder on the market, our exclusive cylinder removal tool, detailed step-by-step installation instructions, gloves, and our money-back guarantee. You have nothing to lose!
★ INDUSTRY STANDARD SIZE – This pneumatic piston cylinder will fit almost every office chair on the market. If it doesn’t fit your specific chair, return it for a full refund and we’ll even cover the cost of shipping for you.
★ EXTRA HEAVY DUTY & THE BEST ON THE MARKET – Our desk chair cylinders are all Class 4, which are known as the most durable, longest lasting, & highest quality gas lift cylinders. Cheaper options can start sinking within the first few months of use. Our’s don’t. They can even support up to 1000 lbs without fail.
★ 6 YEAR HASSLE-FREE WARRANTY – Our goal is to provide you with the highest quality office chair parts so you can extend the life of your chair. So if for some reason our cylinder fails, leaks, or starts sinking – email us, and we’ll send you a brand new one. Our warranty lasts for up to 6 years from your purchase date.